Friday, April 9, 2010

WOW!!!!

So, I was going into Publix yesterday evening.  Now, anyone who really knows me knows that there are 2 places I absolutely HATE to go-------Publix and Wal-Mart!  Hate it!  Would rather take a beatin!  Well, as I was mumbling to myself, God instantly brought to my remembrance the people  in China that I met while on our missions trip.  They would have loved to be able to go to Publix.  I was so convicted!  I just whispered “God, forgive me.” Forgive me for being so selfish.  I am so blessed to be able to go to Publix and buy the food my family needs.  I am so blessed to have a job that supplies the money I need to pay for that food.  My friends in China had nothing!  When I say nothing, I mean nothing!  They are so poor and impoverished. Yet, they were thankful for everything they had and they were so happy!!!!  We are a selfish people.  I challenge you to begin to think of the good.  When I mop (which I hate) I am thankful I have floors and not dirt.  When I wash clothes, I am thankful I have them and a washer and don’t have to do it by hand.  You get the point….let’s start counting our blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment