Sunday, April 11, 2010

Let It Go!

I speak with so many people who have a problem with forgiveness.  I am talking about the forgiveness we give others---I already blogged on that.  No, I am talking about receiving the forgiveness that is available through Christ to YOU.  Let me begin by saying that it doesn’t matter what you have done….nothing can separate you from the love of Christ.  The Bible tells us this:

“Romans 8:38-39 (New International Version)

38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

 

Let me say this again…there is NOTHING you can do if you are saved by accepting Christ as your savior to separate you from Christ.  He loves you.  He adores you.  He wants the best for you.  That is why He did what He did on the cross.  When you do not accept your forgiveness, it is saying that what He did was not enough for you.  It is saying that all He went through on the cross… all the pain and humiliation, the death was not enough to cover what you have done.  You are saying that something else must be done to cover your sins.  That’s kind of a “slap in the face” isn’t it?  Accept your forgiveness.  Leave your sins in the past, which is where He leaves them.  If you carry that around you will not move into the plan that God has for you.  Be freed!  The Bible says “who the Son sets free is free indeed.”  You are free from that condemnation.  If you have a relationship with Christ, you have been set free.  Put down those chains, leave your mistakes behind, and walk into what God has for you!  You will be amazed!

I have attached the video to my new favorite song.  I urge you to listen to it and READ the words.  This will explain to you exactly what I am trying to say.  You DO NOT have to carry the weight of who you were…..

No comments:

Post a Comment