Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Compromise? No Way!!!!!


I often ask our youth if they live 2 different lives. Do they live 1 life at school and another at church? Are they willing to compromise their beliefs and hide their faith to fit in with a certain group? Well, now I ask adults the same thing. Why? Because we do it too. I had a job once where I worked with a lot of people and a lot of them were my age. I wanted to fit in so badly. So, I began to compromise who I was and what I believed. What happened? Well, I opened that door and the enemy slipped in. I won't go on from there, but it was not a pretty scene. I ended up leaving that job and when I started my next job I made a promise to myself and to God that I would NOT EVER compromise what I believe in or who I am. And, I have not! If my friends can't accept who I am then they are not my friend. God says that He would rather us be cold or hot than lukewarm. If we are lukewarm, He will spit us out of His mouth! Now, just picture that! I do not want to stand before my maker and try to explain that fitting into a certain group was more important to me than Him. I will NEVER put people and what they think above my savior again. I am who I am and believe what I believe. If you don't like it, then you don't have to be around me. Let me assure you, if they are your TRUE friends, they will be there for you. So, let me ask you......do you compromise??

No comments:

Post a Comment