Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Point of Brokenness

We all reach a point where we realize we need a savior. I like to call this our point of brokenness. Mine was when I had brain surgery in 2001. Actually April 19th, 2010 will be 9 years since the surgery. Now, that is not to say I had not been through some really hard times prior to that. Let's see........ being molested as a child, a biological father who had nothing to do with me while growing up, pregnant at 17 (and her biological father split the scene)..shall I go on? But none of those things were enough to break me. I was self sufficient...I am an extremely strong person emotionally and didn't need anyone-including God! BUT, oh, God knows how to reach us! I remember on April 18, 2001 while taking my dogs to the boarders, I closed my eyes in the car and prayed this prayer in my mind "God...I don't know you and have no right to ask you for anything....but if you are real and you bring me through this and let me raise my children, I will give you my life and serve you for the rest of my days. I will give you everything I am." That was it! I didn't feel any different...I didn't see doves or hear hallelujahs, but I knew I needed a savior. I knew if I died in that O.R. and my mamow was right about her Jesus that I better make it right with Him. That was my point of brokenness. What's yours? We all have one.....sometimes more than one. You see, the Bible tells us that God loves a broken spirit and a contrite heart. What does that mean? Some meanings of contrite are to tear, break, or quench. Why would God love that? Because then we call on HIM...then we are not self sufficient. We realize we can't do it through ourselves, we need someone to carry the burden for us. The point of brokenness can be a beautiful thing. Call on a savior who loves you and see what He can do....

Ps:34:18. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
19. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment